What we noticed was a heavy amount of respiratory related illnesses hitting earlier than ususal. The unit was very busy and we had quite a few admissions for children who needed oxygen with mild-moderate respiratory distress.
- Consistently breathing fast.
- Skin tugging with each breath (between the ribs, above the clavicles, above the sternum).
- Pulling with their belly with each breath.
- Nostrils flaring with each breath.
- Color changes. Looking pale or blue.
- Not drinking fluids.
- Peeing significantly less than normal.