Sunday, November 18, 2012

Up and Coming

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hope you all enjoy joyful time with friends and family.

This year, I'll be working the ER so think of me when you toast and say a prayer that there are NO kiddos needing our services.

What are you thankful for?


I thought I'd take a moment to list my top five. What would yours be?

1. My faith.
2. My family.
3. My home.
4. A good paying job.
5. Getting to see something I wrote be published and enjoyed by others.

Now that that's over... what are some things I'm REALLY thankful about.

1.Getting to see something I wrote be published and enjoyed by others . . . and I get to do it more than once!
2. Electric blankets. I hope these don't cause cancer (I've checked... so far most say no.)
3. Chocolate. What I survive by.
4. Flavored Coffee Creamers. I use them in tea and multiple varieties must be on hand.
5. Books. You should see my bookshelves. Truly, my drug of choice.

For you this week!

Monday: JoAnn Spears returns to discuss Ann Boleyn and the mysterious sweating sickness.

Wednesday: The top three most medically inaccurate TV shows in my honest opinion.

Friday: The death of Grey's Anatomy's Dr. Mark Sloan.

Hope you all have a fantastic week!

5 comments:

  1. I'm most thankful for (not in any special order):
    1. A Safe Home
    2. My Sanity
    3. My Health
    4. A Steady Income
    5. My Family

    Things I'm REALLY thankful for:
    1. Cookies and cream ice cream
    2. Coffee with Vanilla Creamer (lots of it)
    3. Heat
    4. Internet
    5. Malls
    6. Books for geeks like me

    Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jordyn, thanks for this perspective and this reminder that quite a few people must work on Thanksgiving for the welfare of others (bless you!). I've been learning a lot of life lessons lately. After Hurricane Sandy struck and harmed so many I'm grateful for all the small things in life that make my day very okay, things I've taken for granted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blessings to you and your family this Thanksgiving. I know too well what it is to work the holidays as a medical professional. Thank God for people like yourself that make the sacrifice for others... Especially our future generation. My husband worked the Fire Dept. for 27 years and knows the devastation that can occur during the holidays. Be well and be safe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving, Jordyn!

    After just recently having a visit to the ER, I am thankful there are people like you there when we need help.

    I claim the same as your first top five.
    and I am thankful books, coffee, and the writing community and support.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think everyone's about covered it...I just might add good friends and coworkers, gummy bears, music, Tudor history,my 3 cats, and the time or two I've been lucky in love.

    ReplyDelete