Monday, March 9, 2015

Up and Coming

Hello Redwood's Fans!

How was your weekend? Mine? Amazing.

I finished the first draft on my indie novel releasing this Fall! Doesn't it, fellow authors, feel so good to type those words "THE END"!

Yes, yes it does.

More news on that later.

It's a pretty exciting week here at Redwood's because I'm covering some very common questions that I get asked repeatedly. Most authors are keen to find the perfect poison to kill off their characters.

Sometimes, though, we want our characters to survive a poisoning incident. That's what we're talking about this week.

Tuesday: Decontaminating a patient who has been poisoned. Do we still use Syrup of Ipecac? What exactly does it mean to "pump" someone's stomach?

Thursday: Treatment of acetaminophen (aka Tylenol) poisoning. This is one of the most common overdoses that medical personnel deal will. I'll cover why that is and how to save patients.

Hope to see you here!

Jordyn

1 comment: