Sunday, August 17, 2014

Up and Coming

Hello Redwood's Fans!

How has your week been? For me-- a little more on the chill side. Kids are back in school which is making my writing life a little bit easier. Though, I did get teary-eyed taking my oldest to middle school for the first time. I mean, really, how did that happen?

I want to give a shout out to Costco for restocking Dinesh D'Souza's book America though I don't agree with all the backlash they got. If they truly stopped carrying the book for poor sales-- they had every right to do so. Even if they didn't carry it because of its political message-- they have every right to do that, too. Just like Hobby Lobby, as the courts decided, had a right to not cover certain methods of birth control.

My authorly opinion on all these instances is this-- if you can purchase the product/service elsewhere-- then you should. The market will bear these things out. It's not as if I couldn't have gotten Dinesh's book from another store. I could have. Therefore, I don't believe the author's rights or my rights were impinged in any way. Whether it was for sales or its message-- businesses have a right to decide what product they carry. Let's keep it that way.

But-- thank you Costco and I did purchase the book at one of your stores in support of your decision.

For you this week!

Tuesday: Could a spider bite really kill? I know my friend Kari will really LOVE this post. I'm just sure of it.

Thursday: Fellow medical nerd and physician's assistant (and soon to be author) Jason Joyner joins Redwood's for an interesting post on how even non-medical peeps can catch medical errors in a manuscript written by someone in the medical field.

Have a great week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment