Thursday, December 27, 2012

Eight Questions

Today, I'm participating in Dale Eldon's "The Next Big Thing" blog hop. If you're an author and would like to participate-- leave me a comment with your e-mail address and I'll link to you here. Your post must be set for Jan 3, 2013.

It's simple: answer these questions about your current WIP.

1. What is the working title of your book?

Peril-- book #3 of the Bloodline Trilogy. It follows Proof and Poison, the first two books in the Bloodline Trilogy. Poison releases Feb 1, 2013.

2. Where did the idea come from for the book?

I've been fascinated by the stories of transplant patients remembering things only their donor would know. Is it possible that memories can be transferred between individuals? As a medical thriller author, I like to take things in medicine that HAVE happened and then ask a question or pose an ethical dilemma. Peril will be a very controversial book.

3. What genre does your book fall under?

Medical  Thriller
Suspense
Christian

4. What's the synopsis of your book?

Three armed men take a pediatric ICU hostage in order to force a researcher to disclose why they are suffering horrific medical complications after they've had a neural graft placed to give them superior autobiographical memory.

5. Will our book be self-published or represented by an agency?
It will be published by Kregel, October 2013. A good spooky read.

6. How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?

About six months.

7. What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?



Chromosome 6 by Robin Cook

A Heartbeat Away by Harry Kraus

8. What else about your book might pique a reader's interest?


If you LOVE tense suspense novels-- you will love this book. I like to bring readers along on a very scary ride but I also like to pose ethical questions. What do you think about life? When does it start? What differentiates us--- makes us special-- what gives us our humanness. So, along with scaring off your pants, I'd like people to consider some of these questions.



Dale-- thanks so much for allowing me to participate in your parade. It's been  A LOT of fun.



Jordyn

2 comments:

  1. I always enjoy reading about other writers' work--how they got the inspiration, etc. I'm not yet published, but I'd give the blog hop a shot for my WIP! lauramctx at gmail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jordyn,

    Would love to link with Dale's blog. anita.freshfaith@gmail.com. Thanks, and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete